A Ray of Hope in the Darkness


My name is Shantabai Devidas Thorat. I live in Manjari village located in Gangapur Taluka of Aurangabad. The region that we live in is prone to frequent droughts as a result of which, a lot of residents face harsh living conditions along with several financial problems.


Because of such conditions that I lived in, I was trying to avoid seeking medical help, despite suffering for many years. One fine day, I was informed about a health checkup camp being held in our village by Bharti Jalinder Malkar. Bharti who happens to be an ASHA worker also got the enrolment form filled for me at the local government hospital.

On the day of the health camp, I went to get myself tested along with the other women of the village. I was told to come to MGM Hospital, once I received my reports.

After having shown my reports, I was admitted at the MGM hospital for my treatment for cervical cancer. I underwent a cervical hysterectomy and the subsequent treatment which was 100 % free.

The health camp was a great boon for me. I am thoroughly grateful to the GeBBS Foundation and the MGM Hospital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Building back better for the next normal

Our COVID-19 Action Platform