A Quick Diagnosis and Surgery Saved My Life



My name is Vandanabai Gadekar and I live in Hanuman Nagar village located in Aurangabad tehsil in Maharashtra.

A year back, following a relative’s advice, I attended a women’s health awareness camp in Kumbhephal, Aurangabad. However, I happened to ignore my health as I was pre-occupied with the responsibility of the education for my child. Despite having suffered for almost a year, I avoided seeking any help.

I then attended the health awareness camp held by the GeBBS Foundation. This is when I was urged into taking my health seriously. The doctor at the camp advised me to come to MGM Hospital, Aurangabad for further tests. After being diagnosed with breast cancer, I was admitted to the hospital. I then underwent a successful tumor removal surgery. The entire process happened in a span of eight days.

The credit for my well-being goes to the volunteers at GeBBS Foundation and the doctors at MGM Hospital. They persistently followed up throughout my diagnosis, treatment and recovery. I would like to thank all of them from the bottom of my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Building back better for the next normal

Our COVID-19 Action Platform