A Life-Saving Experience



My name is Bababai Rathod and I live in Adul Tanda village located in Paithan tehsil in Aurangabad district in Maharashtra. My husband and I work at the sugarcane field. Every year, we are away from our hometown for six months to work on the fields. This being our only source of livelihood, we are always on the move.

It was just two months back that we returned to our village after working on the fields. One fine day, an ASHA worker came to our place and informed us about a women’s health checkup camp which was to be held in our village. She got our admission form filled and called us at the rural child care center wherein, the camp was being held.

As advised by the ASHA worker, I attended the camp and underwent a checkup. I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer after which, the doctor advised to get myself admitted at the MGM Hospital for undergoing a cervical hysterectomy. I was skeptical of undergoing the surgery because of our financial condition. However, the doctor assured me that I will have to bear zero cost for the surgery.

As decided, I was admitted to the hospital after which, I underwent a sonography and subsequently, a surgery. The operation was successful and absolutely free of cost. I am grateful to the GeBBS Foundation and MGM Hospital for saving my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Building back better for the next normal

Fighting COVID-19 and Cervical Cancer Together