Help arrived in the form of the GeBBS Foundation



My name is Gajrabai Devkhule and I live in Gopalpur village in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra. My niece is an ASHA worker and this is how I became aware of the issues regarding cervical cancer. I was suffering from the symptoms since over a year. I tried treatments from a few private health clinics without any luck. My niece then informed me about a health camp being held at a mobile clinic in my village.

After a free health checkup at the camp, I was informed that I was suffering from cervical cancer. However, the doctors at the camp assured me that there was no reason to worry. The doctors prescribed a surgery which would also happen free of cost. Later, I was admitted at the MGM Hospital with the assistance of a volunteer from the GeBBS Foundation. I underwent a surgery which was successful and absolutely free of cost. The volunteer provided complete assistance throughout my stay at the hospital.

Despite my modest background I could undergo a successful treatment for my disease. I would like to sincerely thank the GeBBS Foundation and MGM Hospital for providing me great help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building back better for the next normal

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Fighting COVID-19 and Cervical Cancer Together