A New Lease of Life



My name is Jyoti Walmik Lokhande and I live in Warud Kazi village in the Aurangabad district of Maharashtra. I met an ASHA worker when she was conducting a survey in my village. This is when she told me about a health camp being held in the village. She also told me that there would be doctors who will be doing health checkups specifically for women.

As advised by the ASHA worker, I attended the camp wherein, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and was prescribed a surgery. I was also told that the surgery would be absolutely free of cost. The volunteers at the GeBBS Foundation also explained to me and my husband why I should undergo hysterectomy. It was because of this detailed explanation that we decided to undergo surgery.

The volunteers at the GeBBS Foundation also provided great help for me to get admitted at the MGM Hospital, Aurangabad wherein I underwent a successful surgery. I am extremely grateful to the GeBBS Foundation and MGM hospital for a providing me a new lease of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building back better for the next normal

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Fighting COVID-19 and Cervical Cancer Together