Experiences that changed my life


GeBBS Foundation is an organisation which has done remarkable work in the field of health for rural women. The camps held by this organisation for the promotion of women’s health and empowerment, have created widespread awareness about cervical and breast cancer. These camps are absolutely free of cost. If a woman attending the camp is diagnosed with cancer, she is provided with the necessary guidance for fighting the disease. GeBBS Foundation has made an extremely valuable contribution for the welfare of women in Aurangabad and Jalna districts of Maharashtra.

I had a first-hand experience of the efforts taken by GeBBS Foundation for women’s welfare and empowerment when I attended a camp held in Gopalpur village near Aurangabad. Due to this widespread awareness, my dream and passion to work for the betterment of the rural population has increased fourfold. During the second camp that I attended in Dongargaon village in Aurangabad district, I learnt that awareness is a powerful tool to change the collective mindset of the people – be it rural or urban.

I had many such life-changing experiences, thanks to the GeBBS Foundation which has been doing phenomenal work in the field of health for the people in rural Marathwada. I am fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work as a volunteer at the GeBBS Foundation and I will try to make the best of it. My best wishes to the GeBBS Foundation for its endless and tireless efforts for the betterment of the society.

-        Dattarao Pandharinath Magar,
Department Of Social Work,
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building back better for the next normal

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Fighting COVID-19 and Cervical Cancer Together