A Survivor’s Story: Ranjana KakasahebKhandwe



In the hope of increasing awareness and highlighting the importance of early detection, one of our cervical cancer survivor shares her story with our readers.

‘I Ranjana KakasahebKhandweam a cervical cancer survivor. I could successfully beat all odds against advanced Cervical Cancer& today I am leading a normal life.

I remember that initially, I used to experience intermittent pain in my uterus. I had approached quite a few hospitals but even after consuming medicines I did not get any relief.

One day, I was at home doing my chores and I had a visit from an ASHA activist. She informed me about the health camp at our village and gave me detailed information on the process. She helped me fill out a form and informed me of the date of the health camp. I attended the camp on the said date. There were female MGM doctors who examined me and advised me to visit MGM Hospital for further tests. Without further delay, I got myself admitted at MGM hospital with the help of GeBBS Foundation volunteers. In a matter of 4 days, I underwent various tests and was advised surgery. The surgery was a success and it was completely free of cost.

I had received immense support from the GeBBS Foundation volunteers who were there to guide me at every step. I will forever be indebted to MGM doctors for their great work.
Thank You for gifting me a new life.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building back better for the next normal

Continuous attention on cervical cancer prevention

Fighting COVID-19 and Cervical Cancer Together